Honda 2 Wheelers sells 211,978 units in March 2023
Ending the financial year on a positive note, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India today announced its sales number for the month of March 2023.
Moving forward with strengthened business pillars, the company’s domestic sales in the month of March’23 stood at 197,512 units. With 14,466 units exported, company’s total sales (domestic + export) closed at 211,978 units during the month.
Overall, HMSI closed FY2022-23 (April’22 to March’23) with total sales4,350,943 units. This includes domestic sales of 4,025,486 units and exports of 325,457 units. Noteworthy, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India registered 14% YTD growth in FY’2022-23.
Honda’s Key Highlights of FY’22-23:
Advertisement. Scroll to continue reading.
New offerings & Special Editions in Red Wing Business
· Creating a new paradigm in mass mobility, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India launched its most affordable and fuel-efficient mass motorcycle – Shine 100.
· HMSI, launched H Smart Activa 2023, the company’s first OBD2 compliant two-wheeler.
· HMSI also launched the OBD2 compliant 2023 Activa 125 and SP 125.
· Special Edition launches: Attracting the customers with multiple offerings, HMSI announced the limited DIO sports edition, Honda Shine celebration edition and the 2022 Activa premium edition.
Honda’s Premium Motorcycle Business “BigWing”
· Creating a stir in the mid-size segment, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India launched the OBD2B compliant 2023 H’ness CB350 & CB350RS.
· Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India launched the Gold Wing Tour in India via completely built-up (CBU) route from Japan.
· Taking the excitement of the customers a notch higher, HMSI launched powerful & sporty CB300F.
· Celebrating 1st anniversary of H’ness CB350 & CB350RS, HMSI organized first of its kind customer appreciation event- Honda Homecoming Fest at their Global Resource Factory in Manesar (Haryana).
· HMSI flagged off the next edition of SunChasers: ‘A Higher Chase’, a 500km long ride from Leh taking 25 expert riders astride their Honda CB350 through a plethora of landscapes to experience the legacy of the Honda CB350.
Business & Brand Milestones
· HMSI announced its Electric Vehicle roadmap for developing EV business structure in India, which includes new EV technologies and infrastructure. The company also announced its Future Business Direction for expansion of overseas business and production capacity in the upcoming financial year.
· Business Milestones: Winning the love & trust of its customers, HMSI achieved the cumulative sales milestone of 10 lac units’ mark in Jharkhand, 80 lac units’ mark in Maharashtra, 20 Lac units’ mark in West Bengal and 40 lac units’ mark in Uttar Pradesh. HMSI also announced that Honda’s Shine has achieved the prestigious milestone of 20 lac customers in Central region (Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand, Madhya Pradesh & Chhattisgarh).
· HMSI Zonal Office: HMSI inaugurated its new Zonal office in Kochi – one of the biggest two-wheeler demand centres of Kerala. The all-new Kochi Zonal Office is HMSI’s first zonal office in Kerala and its 24th zonal office in India.
· Continuing its endeavours towards reducing dependence on non-renewable resources by leveraging clean energy systems (wind & solar), HMSI inaugurated its third wind turbine system in Jagalur (Davanagere district, Karnataka).
· HMSI achieved No.1 position in Dealers Satisfaction Survey conducted by Federation of Automobile Dealers Associations (FADA) for the 2nd year in a row.
Overseas Business Expansion:
· Harnessing its world-class manufacturing capabilities in India, HMSI announced the exports of its 125cc motorcycle SP125, to Australia and New Zealand.
· Navi has been the model with the HMSI’s largest export volume while Dio has been the most preferred scooter being exported.
· HMSI also made its first foray into the African continent by starting exports of iconic motorcycle – ‘Unicorn’ to Nigeria.
Corporate Social Responsibility
· HMSI inaugurated Skill Enhancement Centres in Dhanbad (Jharkhand), Rourkela (Odisha)and Dharamshala (Himachal Pradesh)in collaboration with Government Industrial Training Institute (ITI).
· Mobile Medical Unit: Committed towards channelizing its resources into making India a healthier nation, HIF facilitated improved access to quality healthcare to more than 6 lakh people in just 6 years through its Mobile Medical Units (MMU) in India.
· Continuing its endeavors to positively impact the lives of people, HIF announced the setup of an Oxygen Generating Plant at Government Civil Hospital in Uchana (Haryana).
· Open Defecation Free Initiative: Realizing the critical need of building a proper infrastructure for safe sanitation, HIF in association with Sulabh Sanitation Mission Foundation & Gram Panchayat of Vithalapur constructed 350 household toilets in the village.
· HMSI on World Environment Day kickstarted its week-long National Environment Campaign by undertaking plantation of over 44000 saplings across its dealerships and office premises.
· Taking a giant leap in its endeavor to build an enriched community, Honda India Foundation (HIF) inaugurated the Honda Samajik Vikas Kendra at Naurangpur (Haryana).
· Inauguration of first IDTR in Karnal (Haryana) – Honda India Foundation in association with Government of Haryana inaugurated its 1st Institute of Driving Training and Research (IDTR) in Karnal (Haryana).
· Road Safety Awareness Campaign – To make Indian roads safer for all, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India has educated over 53 lac+ Indian citizens on the importance of road safety through its digital Honda e-Gurukul program and on-ground awareness campaigns in school, colleges, and government organizations.
· Marking the occasion of International Women’s Day 2023, Honda Motorcycle & Scooter India conducted exclusive female-oriented Road Safety Awareness campaign in more than 16 cities across its 10 Traffic Training Parks and 6 Safety Driving Education Centers in India.
· Honda Manesar Half Marathon: In line with Honda’s global vision – ‘strive for zero traffic collision fatalities involving Honda motorcycles and automobiles globally by 2050’, Honda Motorcycle and Scooter India conducted the Honda Manesar Half Marathon. The event witnessed participation from more than 2100 people across different age groups.
· Taking a giant leap in its endeavor to build an enriched community, Honda India Foundation (HIF) added a new chapter and inaugurated the Honda Samajik Vikas Kendra at Naurangpur, Haryana. This centre is dedicated to transforming lives of community through better medical facilities, job oriented vocational courses and better sports & yoga facilities. This multi skilling center at Naurangpur will bring people one step closer to their dreams and aspirations.
· Honda Racing India team at 2023 Asia Road Racing Championship (ARRC): The IDEMITSU Honda Racing India’s Kavin Quintal and Mohsin Paramban finished the inaugural Thai round with top 17 finish.
· Thailand Talent Cup 2023: Showing consistent performance in round 1 of the Honda Thailand Talent Cup, 15-year-old Raheesh Khatri scored total 10 points for himself and the team.
· Dakar Rally 2023: Pablo Quintanilla of the Monster Energy Honda Team finished the 2023 season with fourth place finish, while Adrien Van Beveren was fifth overall. The Chilean rider, José Ignacio finished ninth overall.
· IDEMITSU Honda Talent Hunt: Giving wings to the next generation of riders who want to enter the world of professional racing, Honda conducted the IDEMITSU Honda Talent Hunt in Bangalore (Karnataka).
You can add more to this story by commenting below.