Free Video Downloader

Next year’s F1 calendar to be confirmed in October, 24 races likely

In the round-up: Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali expects to confirm details of next year’s calendar “around early October”, including two more races than this year’s 22-round schedule.

In brief

Maximum 24 race cap likely to be hit in 2023, suggests Domenicali

Formula 1 CEO Stefano Domenicali expects to confirm details of next year’s schedule “around early October”, he told a call to Liberty Media investors yesterday.

Domenicali indicated the 2023 F1 calendar is likely to feature the maximum permitted 24 races. The series is endeavouring to reorganise some of its rounds to reduce the amount of travel and therefore cut costs and emissions.

“We would like to keep the right flow in terms of efficiency around the world, to consider the needs of a calendar to be spread out from March to November all around the world,” he said.

“The demand is very, very high,” for races, he added. “We cannot [say] anything more than what we are saying because we are, of course, finalising all the details. But we for sure expect to have a couple of races more than this year, but less than 25, that’s for sure.”

Nato replaces injured Bird for Seoul season finale

Jaguar Formula E driver Sam Bird will miss the season finale double-header in Seoul, South Korea, after fracturing his hand early in the second London EPrix last weekend.

Norman Nato will step into Bird’s car for both races in Seoul, which will be hosting the all-electric championship for the first time. Nato previously competed in the series with Venturi last year, taking one race victory in the second Berlin EPrix.

It will be the first Formula E races without Bird on the grid, leaving Lucas di Grassi as the only driver to have started every Formula E race. He and the series will reach their centenaries of starts on Sunday.

Formula Regional Asian Championship adds Kuwait to 2023 schedule

The Formula Regional Asian Championship and the Formula 4 UAE Championship will both compete at the Kuwait Motor Town circuit for the first time during next year’s season.

The 5.6-kilometre grade one venue was opened in 2019 but has never previously held a round of the FRAC before. The Kuwait circuit will form one of five rounds in a 15 race schedule, beginning in Dubai in mid-January and closing in Abu Dhabi in mid-February.

This year’s FRAC drivers’ title was won by Ferrari academy driver Arthur Leclerc, younger brother of Ferrari F1 driver Charles Leclerc.

Grid penalty for Castroneves

Helio Castroneves has been given a six-place grid penalty for this weekend’s IndyCar race in Nashville after his team fitted his fifth engine of the season, exceeding his maximum limit of four. The Meyer Shank driver was 23rd out of 26 competitors in the opening practice session, which was led by Christian Lundgaard.

Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free

Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday to F1Antics!

On this day in motorsport

  • 55 years ago today Denny Hulme led his Brabham team boss Jack Brabham in a one-two at the Nurburgring

Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

  ⁄  seven  =  one