Free Video Downloader

F1 news LIVE: Mercedes and Red Bull learn inquiry results as Lewis Hamilton supports Nicholas Latifi

Lewis Hamilton Breaks Months Of Silence

The 2022 Formula 1 season draws ever closer with Max Verstappen aiming to defend his maiden world title after a dramatic end to the 2021 season in Abu Dhabi to defy Lewis Hamilton and Mercedes’s greatness.

The Red Bull driver came out on top in one of the greatest sporting rivalries of all time, but the Belgian-Dutch driver is not assured of meeting Hamilton ever again on the track, with the seven-time world champion not committing officially to the new season, though the SIlver Arrows have dropped several hints that the Briton will be “back”.

The highly-controversial episode at the Yas Marina Circuit has led to the F1 Commission meeting in London this week, designed to allow the power brokers in the sport to discuss the controversial incident involving race director Michael Masi’s decision following Nicholas Latifi’s out and the safety car with five laps. Mercedes were especially bitter about the final-lap shootout and heads could roll to provide a satisfactory ending to this bitter saga. The results may not be published until the eve of the 2022 season in Bahrain in March. It has been reported that Hamilton’s future in the sport hinges of the outcome of the F1 Commission’s inquiry into the controversy

Elsewhere there is the excitement of F1 cars being launched for the new season, with the next set of covers set to be removed at Ferrari’s garage on Thursday.

Follow all the latest Formula One news and updates below:

1645012536

FIA president insists sport ‘can only go forward’ amid F1 Commission meeting

FIA president Mohammed Ben Sulayem insists Formula 1 ‘can only go forward’ after positive talks at the F1 Commission meeting.

Mercedes boss Toto Wolff and Red Bull’s Christian Horner were both present in London for “detailed discussions”.

Ben Sulayem maintains that talks progressed well and that analysis will come soon.

The newly-elected president said: “The analysis is still going on, it will come soon, the integrity of the FIA will always be intact and fair motorsport, that’s my duty.

“It was a very good meeting, we went through a lot of important things for the new season.

“I expect a good Formula 1 season.”

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 11:55

1645011636

Jenson Button: Talks with Michael Masi mid-race are ‘wrong’

Jenson Button insists talks with race director Michael Masi mid-race are ‘wrong’ and that the F1 stewards should be left to make their own decisions without interference from teams following leaked audio of a conversation between the race direction and Red Bull during the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Button told Sky Sports: “When you hear that on its own, you think, ‘that’s bad, it sounds like they’re manipulating the steward’, but it’s very different, every team speaks to Masi.

“They’re always going to get their point across. Maybe that needs to be checked and they shouldn’t have their voices to Masi and he should make a decision on his own. After the race yes, but during the race it’s wrong. So much adrenaline. I think it’s better that the stewards discuss it between themselves.

“It’s tricky when it’s one individual, it should be a decision between all the stewards, the rules are the rules, he can manipulate the rules surrounding the safety car. When we’re told one thing and then hear another, we need it to be clear and be on the same page. Some of the best racing I’ve ever seen in motorsport, we need to think of last year as an exceptional year with a tough ending.”

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 11:40

1645010736

Jenson Button tips Lewis Hamilton to return in 2022 as a ‘recharged man’

Jenson Button insists Lewis Hamilton will return “a recharged man” after his break from Formula 1 following the acrimonious ending in Abu Dhabi last season.

“It’s difficult to understand where he is, it was a fantastic time to get away from the sport,” Button told Sky Sports. “He’ll come back a recharged man.

“We’ll see the best Lewis Hamilton. He’s one of the best to ever drive a F1 car and he’s going up against one of the best to ever drive a F1 car, this doesn’t happen very often. Hopefully we see more in 2022.”

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 11:25

1645009836

Max Verstappen is ‘most gifted driver of anyone’, maintains Jenson Button

Max Verstappen is “the most gifted driver of anyone” according to Jenson Button.

“It’s always difficult when it’s a controversial ending. He’s an exceptional talent,” Button told Sky Sports when discussing the Red Bull star.

“He was always going to be a good driver, can he build on that natural ability? He’s for me the fastest and most gifted driver of anyone. Can he build on that and become somebody like Lewis and the complete package.

“There’s a lot of pressure on his shoulders. You want to win every race, he’ll be a bit more relaxed after last season. I’m sure he’ll want to win another world championship and say, ‘look, it wasn’t down to Michael Masi’”.

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 11:10

1645008936

Aston Martin facing “true test” of its potential, says Sebastian Vettel

Sebastian Vettel insists Aston Martin are facing a “true test” of its potential this season.

After the launch of the new AMR22, the Silverstone-based outfit swapped out their team principal Otmar Szafnauer and hired Mike Krack as his replacement.

“If you say the past was lean and mean, I hope that the present is not fat and nice,” Vettel said when discussing the team’s potential. “I think the truth is the team is growing.

“Having a shuffle in management is always a bit of a hiccup or shake up and it will take time to overcome. Hopefully we will manage to pull together and despite growing in size, becoming leaner or more efficient in our processes.

“I think this year will be a true test for us and we will see how good we are because last year, we didn’t show anything because we didn’t focus on bringing any updates.

“Whereas this year it is all about this year’s cars, this year’s generation of cars and we will be able to show what we can produce, and we should be measured based on that.”

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 10:55

1645008036

Pierre Gasly targets ‘top five’ finishes with AlphaTauri in 2022

Pierre Gasly is targeting “top five” finishes and beyond in 2022 with AlphaTauri.

A debut win in 2020 was backed up by five top five finishes last season with one podium and the French driver is bullish about his chances with the new AT03 car.

Gasly told Formula 1: “I will be trying to build on the run I had of very good results and to continue to be on top of my game with the car I have. I really hope that this is a year when I can fight at the very front, to finish regularly in the top five and even higher if the car is good enough for that.

“Last year we came very close to fifth place in the constructors’ [championship] and it would be super to achieve that this year. It’s too early to say if that will be possible but I will always give it my best shot and get the most out of our car.”

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 10:40

1645007445

Netflix reveal release date for F1 Drive to Survive season 4

The hit show will document the dramatic 2021 season, which culminated in Max Verstappen winning his maiden F1 world title in Abu Dhabi, edging out Lewis Hamilton.

The Belgian-Dutch driver will not appear in the upcoming season though after detailing issues in the way the show portrays drivers.

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 10:30

1645007136

Pierre Gasly targets ‘top five’ finishes with AlphaTauri in 2022

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 10:25

1645006236

Pierre Gasly on F1’s new regulations ahead of 2022 season with AlphaTauri

Pierre Gasly has “no doubts” about AlphaTauri’s potential in 2022 despite new F1 regulations.

The 26-year-old told Formula 1: “It’s a fresh start for all the teams, starting pretty much from zero as we are really looking at a clean sheet of paper scenario. It will be a big challenge for the teams to work out how to build the best car possible to comply with the new regulations. I hope that it works really well for us. I have no doubts about our team’s abilities and, as of now, they are quite pleased with the work they have done.

“Like everyone, they’ve been working on it for many months now, but it’s difficult to have an idea of what we can expect until the car goes out on track in Barcelona for the first time. Then we will get an idea of how the car behaves and how we look compared to the others. I’m sure this season will be full of surprises.

“So, mentally I’ve prepared myself to deal with any possible scenario and personally, I will be pushing the team to always do its best.”

Jack Rathborn16 February 2022 10:10