Aston Martin to shake down new AMR22 today

In the round-up: Aston Martin will conduct a shakedown test with their new AMR22 today after officially unveiling their 2022 Formula 1 car yesterday.

In brief

Aston Martin set to shakedown AMR22 today

Aston Martin will perform a shakedown test of their AMR22 today ahead of the first pre-season test at the Circuit de Catalunya later this month.

The team became the third F1 outfit to hold their 2022 launch yesterday and was the first to present the actual model they intend to run this season, rather than a rendering or a show car.

Technical director, Andrew Green, explained the team would shakedown the car on Friday to give themselves as much time as possible to address and problems which arose before the first test in two weeks’ time.

“What we wanted to do was shake down as early as possible to check the systems out on the car and give us some time between shakedown and the Barcelona test,” Green said yesterday.

“So that was the reason for shaking down tomorrow, so we have we have time to react and hopefully have a good shakedown tomorrow and there’s nothing to react to. Because the car is absolutely brand new with no carry-over at all and pre-season testing is really short and the second test is so close to the first race, it’s going to be almost impossible to react to that we thought it’s good to get a shakedown in prior to the first test.”

Hamilton’s handling of Abu Dhabi podium earned Sainz’s respect

Carlos Sainz Jnr says he gained respect for Lewis Hamilton after seeing how the Mercedes driver handled himself on the podium after Max Verstappen won the world championship in the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.

Speaking to Italian newspaper Corriere della Sera, Sainz described his interaction with Hamilton on the podium after the controversial final lap restart saw Verstappen pass him to take the title,

“[He was] very bad,” Sainz said. “And I was surprised at how he avoided making a fuss at the end of the race. Losing the title on the last lap like that is really hard to accept.

“I respect him more than before for how he managed to behave. On the podium we exchanged a few words, he was really having trouble.”

Stroll hoping planned return of Canadian Grand Prix goes ahead

Lance Stroll says he is keeping his “fingers crossed” that Formula 1 can return as planned to the Circuit de Gilles Villeneuve for the Canadian Grand Prix this year.

The Canadian Grand Prix has missed the last two seasons due to the impacts of the Covid-19 pandemic. The was was originally scheduled to return last year, but was later cancelled.

“I definitely hope we go back,” Stroll said. “My fingers are crossed.

“I missed it the last couple of years. It’s always a very special race for me – great memories. I think we all enjoy going. It’s a great race for Formula 1 and always a very exciting weekend – great energy and the city’s always buzzing. So I’m really hopeful we go back. And yeah, it’s been too long.”

The Canadian Grand Prix is scheduled to take place on Sunday 19th June.

Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free

Advert | Become a RaceFans supporter and go ad-free

Happy birthday!

Happy birthday to Willis, Tom.Y, David Benford, Markie and Pete!

On this day in motorsport


Source link

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published.

seventy  ⁄  ten  =